Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
The Military Avionics COE has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer.
You will be part of a connected, global team of experts innovating and integrating products and services to advance and deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable experiences worldwide. Be part of a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex software functions within Honeywell's Military Avionics COE, with may include a focus on Flight Management Systems, Displays and Graphics or Avionics Test Equipment. You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
Develop Software within a C/C++ and embedded programming environment, ensuring compliance with work instructions and process requirements
Develop and deploy common Aerospace software processes and tools
Technical development and oversight, planning and execution of development projects while insuring our product functions properly in the system per requirements; Support detailed schedules in MS Project and meet program Integrated Master Schedule
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other computer-focused degree
* 5+ years cumulative experience (academic and/or employment) using procedural language for software development: C, C++, Ada and/or core JAVA
* Experience in Avionics Software development and integration
* Technical understanding of commercial, military, and general industry software development standards and requirements
* Competency with hardware/software integration in a lab environment is desired.
* Experience with Rational Software tools (Requisite Pro, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Rose) is desired
* We follow the software guidelines outlined in the projects Software Development Plan and implement software development lifecycle phases (e.g. requirements analysis and development, detailed design, code generation, integration, test) on a variety of functions. Your knowledge of software development lifecycles and methodical software development is essential.
* Knowledge of current and emerging software development practices and methods
* Proven integration and troubleshooting experience
* Experience with Graphics Applications and tools, such as OpenGL is a plus
* Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
* Comfortable converting software requirements to design and implementation
* Familiarity developing software for various embedded devices and operating system platforms
* Understanding various software development lifecycles
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); effective presentation and reporting skills
* Excellent technical support and customer service skills, interfacing with project and internal customers and other associated entities
* Track record of achieving results given rapidly changing customer requirements
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Road 110 KM 5.9., Aguadilla, PR 00604 PRI
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell Aerospace Overview SDL2017
Associated topics: algorithm, backend, back end, c++, c#, matlab, php, sde, software engineer, sw Associated topics: algorithm, c c++, c++, c#, java, matlab, sdet, software development engineer, software engineer, sw